keskiviikko 23. toukokuuta 2012

Blogathon, Day 23: If I Started Blogging Today, I Would...



It's time for the second Theme Post Day in Blogathon. Today, we blogathonists are encouraged to finish the phrase "If I started blogging today I would..."

Now then, let's see.

If I started blogging today I would...

- read books and blogs about blogging before I start my own weblog. Now there is so much more information available about blogging than it was back in 2004 when I started my first blog. It's really easy for a newbie to get good advice and not to make stupid mistakes (even though stupid mistakes can be very useful).

- just start. If you want to try something, so go ahead and try it. You can't lose anything by starting a blog. If it isn't for you, you can stop whenever you want.

- try Wordpress instead of Blogger. Maybe not to start with but later at some point. I've always used Blogger and I have just been too lazy to try other options. As an eager user of Gmail, Blogger just somehow fits my needs.

- make a plan how to get a picture for every single post of mine.

- not be so terribly ashamed of what other people think of my writings. Posts don't need to be perfect. You can take your time, try different ways of writing and learn. Later, there may be some really good posts but not every post can be a work of Shakespeare.


The photo of today comes from a newbie writer (and maybe a-blogger-to-be). My son, 4 years, wrote his first children's book, as he said himself.

I must say that Disney/Pixar has done their product placement well - look at the first words of his book :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Sano sananen! Ole samaa mieltä, eri mieltä, haasta, korjaa virhe, ihmettele, anna lisätietoa, mitä tahansa, omalla nimelläsi tai nimimerkillä, mutta pysy asiallisuuksissa.