tiistai 1. toukokuuta 2012

Blogathon, Day 1: Once upon a time there was a blogger newbie

I started my first blog in 2004. It was part of my studies at the University of Turku, Finland. We were told to make some kind of portfolio of our pedagogical studies. I had just heard about things called "a blog" and "blogging" and wanted to make my portfolio online.

I must admit I did not know very much what I was doing. Neither did my teacher. But I managed to create a blog and write some posts. There was no interaction with readers (umm, I guess there weren't any), it was just a diary online.

Now I'm starting my very first blogging challenge. It's been a long and interesting way since the first posts in 2004. It doesn't seem to get less boring, either. You must try new things and The Blogathon is one of those.

As a some kind of enthusiast of my own native language I have always said that I would never, ever write in public in any other language than Finnish.

Never say never. Here I am, writing in my clumsy learned-it-at-school-and-by-watching-Dallas-English.

During the Blogathon I will try to do as many posts in English as possible. It's going to do good for my written English skills and demand some empathy from my possible English speaking readers. I'll do my best, but Finnish is still the language of my soul.

WordCount was one of the first blogging-related blogs I found when I moved to California in 2011. It soon became The Blog I turned back to when I wanted to find tips and get advice for my blogging and freelance writing. There may be thousands of similar kind of blogging challenges around, but WordCount's Blogathon was definitely the one I wanted to join.

Now it's only you and me, my dear laptop. Let's hit the road.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Sano sananen! Ole samaa mieltä, eri mieltä, haasta, korjaa virhe, ihmettele, anna lisätietoa, mitä tahansa, omalla nimelläsi tai nimimerkillä, mutta pysy asiallisuuksissa.