After some years as a blogger I think I've created myself some kind of rules of blogging. I guess there's nothing exceptional in my list. These are just things that I've found most important to keep blogging enjoyable.
1. Be yourself. Write in a way that's natural for you. Don't use words that you wouldn't use in real life. Keep your own style, whatever it is. I have unsucceeded massively when I've tried to write somehow "fancier".
2. It's good to have a plan for your blogging - but it's not necessary. I blog when I feel like blogging. Works for me.
3. Use photos. Small thing, huge effect. This is the rule I unfortunately break most often.
4. Best posts are written fast and in flow. It's funny, sometimes writing even a pretty long post can take just a few minutes. You have everything ready in your mind. These posts usually don't need very many re-reads (of course it's good to check typos).
5. When you're having the flow moment, enjoy it, write many posts and schedule them to be published later. I do this a lot. I'm a mother of two little kids and I never know when I'm going to have a peaceful moment for writing. When I eventually get it, I try to write as many posts as possible. Most of my posts (this included) are written between 9 - 11 PM when I'm waiting for my kids to fall asleep.
6. Have your notebook, pen and/or smart phone available everywhere you go. Blogging ideas don't ask for time or place. Do yourself a favor - write them down.